Pepsi enters top 10 grocery brands but Coke still number one
Pepsi has joined the UK's list of top 10 grocery brands for the first time, after it boasted a 10% sales increase over the past year but rival Coke is still number one.
Pepsi: joins UK's list of top 10 brands
Sales of Pepsi rose by £30.2m to £328.7m in the past year, placing it at number 10 in the UK’s biggest selling grocery brands, up one place from last year, according to Nielsen data.
It was the only new brand to enter the top 10, as every other brand kept its same position as last year.
Britvic named Coca-Cola as the most popular take-home brand in its 2012 Soft Drinks Report, growing 7% in value to £1.1bn, while Pepsi came in second, with an overall sales increase of £328.7m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire