Pepsi enters top 10 grocery brands but Coke still number one
Pepsi has joined the UK's list of top 10 grocery brands for the first time, after it boasted a 10% sales increase over the past year but rival Coke is still number one.
Pepsi: joins UK's list of top 10 brands
Sales of Pepsi rose by £30.2m to £328.7m in the past year, placing it at number 10 in the UK’s biggest selling grocery brands, up one place from last year, according to Nielsen data.
It was the only new brand to enter the top 10, as every other brand kept its same position as last year.
Britvic named Coca-Cola as the most popular take-home brand in its 2012 Soft Drinks Report, growing 7% in value to £1.1bn, while Pepsi came in second, with an overall sales increase of £328.7m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London