Pepsi enters top 10 grocery brands but Coke still number one
Pepsi has joined the UK's list of top 10 grocery brands for the first time, after it boasted a 10% sales increase over the past year but rival Coke is still number one.
Pepsi: joins UK's list of top 10 brands
Sales of Pepsi rose by £30.2m to £328.7m in the past year, placing it at number 10 in the UK’s biggest selling grocery brands, up one place from last year, according to Nielsen data.
It was the only new brand to enter the top 10, as every other brand kept its same position as last year.
Britvic named Coca-Cola as the most popular take-home brand in its 2012 Soft Drinks Report, growing 7% in value to £1.1bn, while Pepsi came in second, with an overall sales increase of £328.7m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)