Tesco ditches 20-year Value range and replaces it with Everyday Value
Tesco is launching a TV campaign on 30 April to showcase its Everyday Value range, which is replacing its blue-and-white-striped Value range after nearly 20 years.
Tesco: Everyday Value products to replace previous Value range
The Everyday Value range will feature brighter packaging than its predecessor.
David Wood, Tesco UK marketing director, said: "Tesco was the first supermarket to launch a 'value' range back in 1993, the blue-and-white-striped brand giving customers a down-to-earth option. Almost 20 years on and an affordable quality range is more relevant than ever, but customer needs have changed."
Tesco said Everyday Value would focus on three specific areas – quality, healthier options, and packaging improvements.
In total, the supermarket group is introducing more than 550 new lines, beginning today (4 April).
Examples of the new range include Tesco Everyday Value fish fingers, which contain 100% fillet of fish, and bran flakes and corn flakes fortified with vitamins and iron.
The Everyday Value range will include no MSG, hydrogenated fats, artificial flavours or genetically modified ingredients. A number of products have also been reformulated to contain less sugar and fat.
It is unclear what level of marketing support will be accorded to the new range, which will compete against the likes of Waitrose's Essentials and the Sainsbury's Basics range.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...