Aegis chief picks up £600,000 cash bonus
Jerry Buhlmann, the chief executive of Aegis, took home a total package of £1.62m during 2011, including a £600,000 cash bonus for short-term performance.
Jerry Buhlmann: chief executive of Aegis
Buhlmann's reward was a third higher than the £1.22m he received in 2010, when he netted a cash bonus of £369,000 on top of a base salary of £662,000.
His annual base salary of £750,000 has not risen since his promotion from Aegis Media chief executive to group chief executive in May 2010, according to an Aegis spokesperson.
Buhlmann was eligible for a maximum cash bonus of 100% of his salary this year.
His total package for 2011 was boosted by shares worth £217,770 (at a market price of roughly 128p), given out under the company’s long-term incentive plan to reward performance during the three years from 2008 to 2010.
He received only 169,537 shares out of a maximum potential award of 664,855 shares.
In 2010 he received shares worth £172,331 under the same long-term incentive scheme.
For its 2011 financial year Aegis reported a threefold surge in statutory pre-tax profits to £106.4m.
The company radically slimmed down and refocused in July last year with the £525m sale of its research division Synovate to Ipsos of France.
The disposal left the UK-based group with media agencies Carat, Vizeum and Posterscope and digital businesses Isobar and iProspect.
Stripping out Synovate’s contribution, Aegis last year recorded a 20.6% lift in annual revenues to £1.14bn and a 32.3% rise in underlying pre-tax profits to £161.8m.
Aegis had recorded £1.46bn revenues and £68m pre-tax profits, including Synovate, during 2010.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Seven Search and Selection Competitive plus package, East Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...