Facebook splashes $1bn on Instagram acquisition
Facebook has snapped up Instagram, the popular photo-sharing app, for $1bn (£623m) in cash and shares and sparked a major backlash.
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook chief executive and founder
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive and founder, made the announcement regarding the Instagram acquisition earlier today in a post on Facebook.
Following news of the acquisition Instagram users have been been voicing their anger on Twitter about the deal with many saying they do not want Facebook to have access to more of their data or to flood the service with ads.
Read more: http://wallblog.co.uk/#ixzz1rcuivoIg
Read more on this story on Brand Republic’s digital blog, The Wall.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London
- Global Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London