Bob Marley's son to launch coffee in the UK
An organic coffee brand set up by Bob Marley’s son, Rohan Marley, is to launch in the UK.
Marley Coffee: rolling out in the UK
The brand is called Marley Coffee and it will be sold in three organic blends: One Love medium roast; Buffalo Solider dark roast; and Lively Up! espresso. A Jamaica Blue Mountain variant will also be available.
The company said a cut of all profits from Marley Coffee UK will be given to support Kicks for Cause, a charity which aims to build football camps and fields for children of the coffee-producing communities around the world.
Blue Mountain, which is importing Marley Coffee, said it will promote the coffee at a number of festivals including Notting Hill and One Love Reggae Festival.
Marley Coffee is already sold in several overseas markets.
Marley Coffee said it had already generated "widespread" interest from premium retailers in the UK and overseas.
In February last year, Puma engaged Cedella Marley, the songwriter's fashion-designer daughter, to design the Jamaican track and field team's kit for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...