Bob Marley's son to launch coffee in the UK
An organic coffee brand set up by Bob Marley’s son, Rohan Marley, is to launch in the UK.
Marley Coffee: rolling out in the UK
The brand is called Marley Coffee and it will be sold in three organic blends: One Love medium roast; Buffalo Solider dark roast; and Lively Up! espresso. A Jamaica Blue Mountain variant will also be available.
The company said a cut of all profits from Marley Coffee UK will be given to support Kicks for Cause, a charity which aims to build football camps and fields for children of the coffee-producing communities around the world.
Blue Mountain, which is importing Marley Coffee, said it will promote the coffee at a number of festivals including Notting Hill and One Love Reggae Festival.
Marley Coffee is already sold in several overseas markets.
Marley Coffee said it had already generated "widespread" interest from premium retailers in the UK and overseas.
In February last year, Puma engaged Cedella Marley, the songwriter's fashion-designer daughter, to design the Jamaican track and field team's kit for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire