Change.org recruits John Coventry as UK comms director
An online platform aimed at creating social change that has attracted millions of users in the US has hired a Kindred associate director to help raise its profile in the UK.
John Coventry: joins ahead of the launch of Change.org’s UK website
John Coventry has been appointed as Change.org’s UK comms director, ahead of the launch of a UK-focused website.
The platform allows anyone to launch a petition and build a campaign, and claims to draw more than one million new users every month across 150 countries.
Among the campaigns launched by Change.org include one to prosecute the killer of black teenager Trayvon Martin, whose death has sparked outrage across the US. Another looks at the labour conditions around the production of certain Apple products.
Founded in the US in 2007, Change.org has more than 100 staff across the US, Europe, India and Australia, with Coventry forming part of a team of five in the UK.
Coventry said: ‘We'll be building the brand of change.org as the go-to platform for people who want to take action on issue they care about. The site is about empowering people to create campaigns that win the changes they feel are important. It will be fascinating working with a wide range of people to help them bring their stories to national prominence.'
Coventry, who before Kindred held the head of news position at ActionAid, added that he hoped the team would expand in the coming months.
He will report to Brie Rogers Lowery, UK campaigns director, who said: ‘John’s campaigning experience and ability to spot a story was very impressive. We know he’ll make a great addition to the team.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...