John Smith's creates responsible drinking campaign around Grand National
John Smith's is launching a marketing campaign urging consumers to drink responsibly at the Grand National, which will include its first-ever TV ad to air at Aintree.
The campaign marks the first time the Heineken-owned brand has run responsible drinking messages around the event in the history of its eight year sponsorship.
The Grand National begins on April 12 and ends on April 14.
The campaign will run in Liverpool and at the Aintree racecourse from tomorrow (12 April), and will be live for the next three days.
It feeds into the brand’s heavyweight outdoor campaign to promote its title sponsorship of the Grand National for the second year running.
The campaign, created by Aesop, operates under John Smith's "No nonsense" messaging. Outdoor ads use different phrases including, "Get home straight" and "too much makes the going soft", ending with the strapline, "Drink responsibly".
The push also marks the first TV ad from John Smith's focused specifically on the Grand National. It shows a race-goer having a comical "tick tack" conversation with a bookie, before his friend steps to mime the universal actions for going to the bar.
The ad will air on screens at the racecourse and on YouTube.
Heineken said it is committed to promoting the responsible consumption of its products, stating that the campaign messaging is not due to any Government requirements.
The brewer said it actively and voluntarily promotes a message of responsible drinking through other sports sponsorship programmes such as the rugby Heineken Cup and Uefa Champions League football.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...