Martin Sorrell gets in touch with his softer side with Valley Girl Show
In a step-change from his usual outings as the sage of Soho, WPP's chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, talks about his difficulties going through the andropause, having the Queen "stick her sword" on his shoulders, and links to Google co-founder Sergey Brin.
In a heavily-edited video interview conducted on a giant pink tiger print stiletto, Sorrell admits to feeling like "an absolute berk".
In scenes the 65-year-old admits "wouldn't make the Cannes Film Festival", he proceeds to don a pink tie around his neck in 10 seconds, although in perhaps a giveaway sign, he apporaches it like a bow tie, as opposed to tying a standard neck tie.
The global leader does venture into more familar territory when he talks about the challenges an entrepreneur faces in "taking an established company kicking and screaming into the 21st Century", and admits when he acquired ad agency JWT he was warned it "has problems in places where most people don't have places".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London