Costa to take brand into supermarkets
Costa Coffee is to begin selling its coffee and other products in supermarkets in a move to take on rival Starbucks on retailer aisles.
Jim Slater: head of Costa's Enterprise division which will launch the At Home range
The range, to be called At Home, has been trademarked by Costa Coffee.
The At Home range is likely to include a variety of Costa instant and ground coffees, along with other products.
However, it is thought the make-up of the portfolio of products has yet to be decided.
The At Home range will launch under Costa's Enterprise unit, its innovation division, which is headed by former marketing director Jim Slater.
At the end of last year, Costa split its business into four divisions: Costa Enterprise; Costa Europe, Middle East and India; Costa UK retail, and Costa Asia.
The move will bring Costa up against Starbucks in supermarkets. Starbucks launched its Via instant coffee nationwide in 2011.
Costa Coffee was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London