Costa to take brand into supermarkets
Costa Coffee is to begin selling its coffee and other products in supermarkets in a move to take on rival Starbucks on retailer aisles.
Jim Slater: head of Costa's Enterprise division which will launch the At Home range
The range, to be called At Home, has been trademarked by Costa Coffee.
The At Home range is likely to include a variety of Costa instant and ground coffees, along with other products.
However, it is thought the make-up of the portfolio of products has yet to be decided.
The At Home range will launch under Costa's Enterprise unit, its innovation division, which is headed by former marketing director Jim Slater.
At the end of last year, Costa split its business into four divisions: Costa Enterprise; Costa Europe, Middle East and India; Costa UK retail, and Costa Asia.
The move will bring Costa up against Starbucks in supermarkets. Starbucks launched its Via instant coffee nationwide in 2011.
Costa Coffee was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...