Costa to take brand into supermarkets
Costa Coffee is to begin selling its coffee and other products in supermarkets in a move to take on rival Starbucks on retailer aisles.
Jim Slater: head of Costa's Enterprise division which will launch the At Home range
The range, to be called At Home, has been trademarked by Costa Coffee.
The At Home range is likely to include a variety of Costa instant and ground coffees, along with other products.
However, it is thought the make-up of the portfolio of products has yet to be decided.
The At Home range will launch under Costa's Enterprise unit, its innovation division, which is headed by former marketing director Jim Slater.
At the end of last year, Costa split its business into four divisions: Costa Enterprise; Costa Europe, Middle East and India; Costa UK retail, and Costa Asia.
The move will bring Costa up against Starbucks in supermarkets. Starbucks launched its Via instant coffee nationwide in 2011.
Costa Coffee was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...