Costa to take brand into supermarkets
Costa Coffee is to begin selling its coffee and other products in supermarkets in a move to take on rival Starbucks on retailer aisles.
Jim Slater: head of Costa's Enterprise division which will launch the At Home range
The range, to be called At Home, has been trademarked by Costa Coffee.
The At Home range is likely to include a variety of Costa instant and ground coffees, along with other products.
However, it is thought the make-up of the portfolio of products has yet to be decided.
The At Home range will launch under Costa's Enterprise unit, its innovation division, which is headed by former marketing director Jim Slater.
At the end of last year, Costa split its business into four divisions: Costa Enterprise; Costa Europe, Middle East and India; Costa UK retail, and Costa Asia.
The move will bring Costa up against Starbucks in supermarkets. Starbucks launched its Via instant coffee nationwide in 2011.
Costa Coffee was unavailable for comment.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London