ABC to enable newspapers to split Saturday from weekday circ figures
National newspaper publishers will soon be able to report circulation figures of their individual titles in the week, with Saturday split out, as part of a move to bring transparency to the ad-trading process.
Saturday editions: ABC figures will stand alone
The move will result in advertisers and agencies being able to easily access the reach of a newspaper Monday to Friday, and then have additional information on any Saturday editions.
The additional data will be included in the ABC's April audit published on 11th May. Furthermore, from July, the auditor will also publish daily average indices across each six-month periods, to enable planners to track an average circulation for a Monday – or any other day – for example.
Rufus Olins, chief executive of the Newspaper Marketing Agency, said: "This is a significant step that provides more granularity and transparency into the circulation of our national news brands – and we hope agencies will find this insight useful.
"In the current multimedia landscape, we will continue to look at ways to provide insight into the different channels and the overall growth of our news brands' audiences."
Lynne Robinson, research director at agency body, IPA, called the move an "important and welcome step towards greater transparency", which aligns data closer to the way campaigns are planned.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire