Budweiser partners with ESPN for FA Cup programmes
Budweiser, the beer brand, has signed a multi-platform deal with Disney-owned sports broadcaster ESPN, which will expand their partnership to include two new ad-funded programmes.
ESPN: the channel's FA Cup coverage is led by presenter Ray Stubbs (centre)
A special segment, 'The Bench brought to you by Budweiser', will aim to give viewers a behind-the-scenes experience on match days and will be broadcast as part of ESPN's live coverage of the final two stages of the FA Cup competition.
It will air ahead of the semi-final between Liverpool and Everton this Saturday (14 April) and before ESPN's coverage of the final on 5 May.
A Budweiser-funded documentary, 'Kings for a Day – The Giant Killers of Football', will also air on 5 May and will cover the role of underdogs in the competition, with vintage footage and interviews with former players and commentators.
The two new strands of Budweiser and ESPN's partnership build on 'Every Match Counts', the series of short films that have documented fans' personal tales about the competition throughout the season.
Jason Warner, global vice-president of Budweiser, said: "One of our major commitments as lead partner of The FA Cup is to bring the tournament closer to fans around the world, building anticipation of matches in all rounds and celebrating the optimism the competition holds for football fans and clubs.
"The ESPN partnership is another step in sharing the magic of the world's most famous domestic cup competition with fans around the globe, and will develop and strengthen our FA Cup sponsorship."
ESPN has the rights to broadcast 25 live games from the FA Cup this season and its coverage is led by presenter Ray Stubbs with commentator Jon Champion and presenter Rebecca Lowe.
Alan Fagan, director of advertising sales, Europe, Middle East and Africa, ESPN, said: "Our collaboration with Budweiser reflects our shared passion for The FA Cup and fans, and ESPN's ability to deliver unique solutions for advertisers."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...