Rank Interactive picks Carat for £7m media
Rank Interactive, the gaming company that owns the Blue Square, Mecca Bingo and Grosvenorcasinos.com brands, has appointed Carat to handle its £7 million media planning and buying account.
Rank Interactive: previous media activity was handled in-house
The Aegis-owned agency won the account after a pitch against agencies including PHD and Initiative.
The hire is part of a process that will also include the appointment of an ad agency and a PR agency, which are yet to be confirmed.
The bulk of Rank Interactive's media buying has previously been handled in-house. Digital planning and buying, by Carat's sister agency Vizeum, is not affected.
Rank Interactive started the process in February and the early stages were handled by ISBA. Phil Gates, the company's marketing director, made the appointment.
Its parent company, Rank Group, has previously made use of sponsorship and partnership deals to support its brands. In 2010 and 2011, it signed separate three-year deals with FremantleMedia Enterprises to be the official gaming partner of ITV's Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor respectively.
Carat and Rank Interactive declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...