Rank Interactive picks Carat for £7m media
Rank Interactive, the gaming company that owns the Blue Square, Mecca Bingo and Grosvenorcasinos.com brands, has appointed Carat to handle its £7 million media planning and buying account.
Rank Interactive: previous media activity was handled in-house
The Aegis-owned agency won the account after a pitch against agencies including PHD and Initiative.
The hire is part of a process that will also include the appointment of an ad agency and a PR agency, which are yet to be confirmed.
The bulk of Rank Interactive's media buying has previously been handled in-house. Digital planning and buying, by Carat's sister agency Vizeum, is not affected.
Rank Interactive started the process in February and the early stages were handled by ISBA. Phil Gates, the company's marketing director, made the appointment.
Its parent company, Rank Group, has previously made use of sponsorship and partnership deals to support its brands. In 2010 and 2011, it signed separate three-year deals with FremantleMedia Enterprises to be the official gaming partner of ITV's Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor respectively.
Carat and Rank Interactive declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...