W&K bolsters creative team with BETC and Saatchis hires
Wieden & Kennedy London has bolstered its creative department by hiring Jonny Plackett from BETC London and Dave Goss and Ollie Wolf from Saatchi & Saatchi.
Jonny Plackett: new role focuses on integrated and interactive work
Plackett joins W&K as a senior creative and will work across all of the agency's clients, with a particular focus on integrated and interactive projects.
He recently launched theartistifier.com, a website that turns any YouTube video into a film in the style of The Artist.
Plackett won AOL and Campaign's DareDevil competition earlier this year with "the world's first flammable banner" for the port brand Cockburn's. Before BETC, he worked at Albion for six years and created the interactive websites Slapometer.com and CuervoCold.com.
Goss and Wolf, previous Campaign Faces to Watch and Diageo scholarship winners, will work across all accounts at W&K as a creative team.
At Saatchis, they created global work for Visa, including its "training day" spot, as well as last year's San Miguel "a life well lived" campaign.
Graeme Douglas, the head of interactive at W&K, said of Plackett's appointment: "Many claim not to draw a distinction between analogue and digital in their work, but a precious few actually deliver ideas that substantiate this.
"With a traditional creative background fused with coding ability, Jonny's at the forefront of this group, and we can't wait for him to join us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...