W&K bolsters creative team with BETC and Saatchis hires
Wieden & Kennedy London has bolstered its creative department by hiring Jonny Plackett from BETC London and Dave Goss and Ollie Wolf from Saatchi & Saatchi.
Jonny Plackett: new role focuses on integrated and interactive work
Plackett joins W&K as a senior creative and will work across all of the agency's clients, with a particular focus on integrated and interactive projects.
He recently launched theartistifier.com, a website that turns any YouTube video into a film in the style of The Artist.
Plackett won AOL and Campaign's DareDevil competition earlier this year with "the world's first flammable banner" for the port brand Cockburn's. Before BETC, he worked at Albion for six years and created the interactive websites Slapometer.com and CuervoCold.com.
Goss and Wolf, previous Campaign Faces to Watch and Diageo scholarship winners, will work across all accounts at W&K as a creative team.
At Saatchis, they created global work for Visa, including its "training day" spot, as well as last year's San Miguel "a life well lived" campaign.
Graeme Douglas, the head of interactive at W&K, said of Plackett's appointment: "Many claim not to draw a distinction between analogue and digital in their work, but a precious few actually deliver ideas that substantiate this.
"With a traditional creative background fused with coding ability, Jonny's at the forefront of this group, and we can't wait for him to join us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Head of Client Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - to £150k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £150k, Central London
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London