W&K bolsters creative team with BETC and Saatchis hires
Wieden & Kennedy London has bolstered its creative department by hiring Jonny Plackett from BETC London and Dave Goss and Ollie Wolf from Saatchi & Saatchi.
Jonny Plackett: new role focuses on integrated and interactive work
Plackett joins W&K as a senior creative and will work across all of the agency's clients, with a particular focus on integrated and interactive projects.
He recently launched theartistifier.com, a website that turns any YouTube video into a film in the style of The Artist.
Plackett won AOL and Campaign's DareDevil competition earlier this year with "the world's first flammable banner" for the port brand Cockburn's. Before BETC, he worked at Albion for six years and created the interactive websites Slapometer.com and CuervoCold.com.
Goss and Wolf, previous Campaign Faces to Watch and Diageo scholarship winners, will work across all accounts at W&K as a creative team.
At Saatchis, they created global work for Visa, including its "training day" spot, as well as last year's San Miguel "a life well lived" campaign.
Graeme Douglas, the head of interactive at W&K, said of Plackett's appointment: "Many claim not to draw a distinction between analogue and digital in their work, but a precious few actually deliver ideas that substantiate this.
"With a traditional creative background fused with coding ability, Jonny's at the forefront of this group, and we can't wait for him to join us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £160 - £200 per day, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...