The Co-operative Group has finally kickstarted the review of its £50 million ad account, while global media pitches for Unilever and Heineken rumble on.
Adidas... review dragging on
The pitch, which is being run by AAR, is thought to include up to eight agencies and is being led by the Co-op's marketing chief, Gill Barr, formerly the marketing director of John Lewis.
Adidas might be a German brand, but its marketing department is very un-Teutonic about the global pitch process for its 2014 Fifa World Cup ad campaign. While agencies hoped for a decision last week, the client is now stalling and it could be up to two more weeks before a result. The pitch, which kicked off last month, is being run out of the brand's global headquarters in Germany.
The final pitches for the Tesco-owned Blinkbox video-on-demand service take place next week, with VCCP and Karmarama down to the final two.
AAR is busy dealing with alcohol-related pitches. Next week sees the delayed presentations from agencies contesting the British Beer & Pub Association business. The competing shops are 101, DLKW Lowe, Now and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. The intermediary is also handling the Kronenbourg 1664 pitch, due to take place the week after. CHI & Partners, JWT London, Ogilvy & Mather and WCRS are in the frame.
Betvictor, the online betting brand, is currently deliberating over whether to have three or four agencies on the shortlist for its advertising pitch. Two shops have already been decided upon to go through but the client is still unsure over which agencies will join them. A shortlist is expected today (Thursday). The pitch process is being run by Oystercatchers.
Meanwhile, the global media pitch for Heineken is nearing some sort of conclusion. Mindshare and Starcom MediaVest are expecting news later this month.
The global media pitch for Unilever is expected to take longer but networks' global communications planning skills will be assessed later this month. Market-by-market presentations are ongoing and could take several months.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London