Co-operative launches Diamond Jubilee party fund
The Co-operative Food is to give away £100 vouchers to finance 100 Queen's Diamond Jubilee street parties.
The Co-operative: offers to help fund Diamond Jubilee street parties
People holding street parties over the Queen's Diamond Jubilee long weekend from 2-5 June, can win £100 worth of Co-operative vouchers to put towards the food, alongside a party pack including bunting, paper cups and plates, and Union Jacks.
Rival retailer Sainsbury's has heavily invested in marketing activity around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, through a sponsorship of the river pageant and the hosting of a festival in Hyde Park.
Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer (M&S) is subtly trying to associate itself with the Jubilee with a star-studded summer campaign.
Party organisers can apply for the Co-operative party fund by explaining why their community has decided to host a street party, on the retailer's Diamond Jubilee microsite.
The most touching and community focused entries will be handed the funds, while the competition will run until 30 April.
The Co-operative is marking the Diamond Jubilee with a range of new products, including a teddy bear gingerbread biscuit sporting a Union Jack T-shirt, and limited-edition doughnuts decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles.
The retailer will also be introducing two limited-edition, premium own-brand British beers, named 'Jubilation' and 'Salutation', which will be in store from 2 May.
Helen Nunn, head of marketing for The Co-operative Food, said: "They are great neighbourhood occasions and, as a retailer at the heart of the communities in which we trade, we're getting behind the Jubilee celebrations at a local level, with a helping hand to make people's street parties extra special and memorable."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...