Kinder Chocolate to debut on TV
Ferrero, the Italian chocolate maker, is to advertise its Kinder Chocolate product on television for the first time, in an effort to target mums with its “Invented for kids” strapline.
Kinder Chocolate: first UK TV ads break on 16 April
Ferrero has previously marketed its Kinder Surprise brand, a hollow egg with a gift inside, on television in the UK.
But it is now looking to increase the market share of Kinder Chocolate, which is sold in milk-filled bars.
The move comes as Ferrero aims to up the presence of a number of brands in the UK with marketing campaigns also supporting Ferrero Rocher and the Ferrero Collection.
The TV ad for Kinder Chocolate will launch on Monday (16 April), complemented by activity in print.
It has been created by Krow, with the animation in the ad designed by artist and illustrator Oliver Jeffers.
Executives at Ferrero believe that with TV support, Kinder Chocolate could be a big hit in the UK, particularly as it is sold in bite-sized pieces to encourage responsible and moderate consumption.
However, Ferrero Chocolate is up against established brands such as Cadbury.
Mauro De Felip, marketing director for Ferrero UK and Ireland, said: "We're excited to be launching our very first stand-alone campaign for the Kinder Chocolate brand in the UK.
"Ferrero have committed significant investment to the Kinder Chocolate brand in a bid to pursue our aggressive ambition for the brand in the UK over the next five years."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...