Spotify picks M&C Saatchi PR for consumer brief
Online music service Spotify has brought in M&C Saatchi PR for a consumer brief.
Spotify: calls in consumer help
The agency has been brought in after a number of different agencies were invited to talk with the company, which allows users to listen to streamed music online and has a combined total of more than 12 million paying and non-paying subscribers.
The appointment comes after PRWeek reported that the company was believed to be working on building its online presence, and follows the arrival of CJ Stanley from Everything Everywhere as head of consumer PR in February.
However, when approached, both Alison Bonny, head of PR at Spotify, and M&C Saatchi PR declined to give more detail other than to confirm the appointment.
Earlier this month, the surge of growth in revenue from digital services such as Spotify and iTunes was credited with helping to offset a double-digit fall in UK royalties collected from CDs.
This led to growth in overall royalty payments of 3.2% compared with last year, providing a total of £635.3m for UK songwriters.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...