Spotify picks M&C Saatchi PR for consumer brief
Online music service Spotify has brought in M&C Saatchi PR for a consumer brief.
Spotify: calls in consumer help
The agency has been brought in after a number of different agencies were invited to talk with the company, which allows users to listen to streamed music online and has a combined total of more than 12 million paying and non-paying subscribers.
The appointment comes after PRWeek reported that the company was believed to be working on building its online presence, and follows the arrival of CJ Stanley from Everything Everywhere as head of consumer PR in February.
However, when approached, both Alison Bonny, head of PR at Spotify, and M&C Saatchi PR declined to give more detail other than to confirm the appointment.
Earlier this month, the surge of growth in revenue from digital services such as Spotify and iTunes was credited with helping to offset a double-digit fall in UK royalties collected from CDs.
This led to growth in overall royalty payments of 3.2% compared with last year, providing a total of £635.3m for UK songwriters.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London