Wireless networking firm Xirrus hires 3 Monkeys
Global wireless networking firm Xirrus has called in 3 Monkeys to communicate its story beyond the trade press.
High demand: Wi-Fi enabled devices are set to increase to more than three billion by 2015
The firm, more established in the US, wants to raise its profile in the UK and Europe and compete with firms such as Cisco and Aruba.
Xirrus wants its story to break through the trade press barrier and gain more mainstream cut-through.
A recent study by market research company Gartner found Wi-Fi enabled devices are set to increase from fewer than one billion units in 2010 to more than three billion by 2015.
Xirrus has asked 3 Monkeys to deliver thought leadership campaigns to showcase how wireless is becoming the primary access type for businesses, with wireless-only iPads and smartphones the devices of choice.
Sean Larner, Xirrus' V-P of EMEA sales, said: 'Businesses are at tipping point when it comes to wireless networking thanks to the explosion in mobile devices and bandwidth intensive applications. Communicating this message beyond the trade press is a difficult task. 3 Monkeys will help us better educate our core audiences about the technological advancements in wireless – and crucially the tangible business benefits – raising our profile across the UK and Europe.'
The account was awarded to 3 Monkeys after a five-way pitch with incumbent éclat failing to hold on to the business. 3 Monkeys will cover all UK and Europe PR and social media for the company, reporting to John Merrill, Xirrus corporate marketing and comms director.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...