Morrisons' marketing director Lancaster resigns
Morrisons corporate marketing and operations director Richard Lancaster is leaving the company for an undisclosed job, seven months after being handed a wider remit by the supermarket.
Morrisons: 2011 'Freddie' Flintoff campaign
Lancaster will be replaced by Nick Collard, who will assume the role of marketing and operations director on Monday 16 April. The role will see him oversee marketing and trade planning, format, merchandising and space, pricing and promotions, customer service and insight.
In September, Lancaster's remit was extended to encompass price and promotions across all store formats. He was also given responsibility for handling the retailer's look and feel from a customer-experience perspective.
Collard is currently commercial director for ambient grocery and will continue to report into commercial director Richard Hodgson in his new job.
The supermarket said Lancaster "has taken the decision to leave the business to pursue and opportunity outside of Morrisons".
Day-to-day marketing operations are handled by Rebecca Singleton with her responsibilities including advertising, in-store marketing, print services and local marketing.
The shakeup caused by Lancaster's departure will see Lisa Miao, commercial director of ambient and frozen, take responsibility for core food grocery, beer, wines and spirits, impulse and frozen.
Jamie Winter is becoming commercial director of chilled and all non-food business areas are being brought together under current non-food commercial director Mike Snell.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...