Schweppes summer campaign celebrates British heritage
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola owned soft-drinks brand, is launching a summer campaign today (16 April), to promote its British heritage.
Scweppes: latest campaign showcases its British brand credentials
The campaign, created by TMW, features outdoor, an on-pack promotion, radio and digital activity, supported by a continued partnership with Diageo, now in its third year.
Schweppes is just the latest brand to try and showcase its British brand credentials, in a year which includes the Olympics, and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Tesco, Virgin Media and Marks & Spencer are among those brands which have recently promoted their British credentials.
Despite being US-owned, Schweppes can trace its roots back to England in the 18th century.
The 'Start Of Summer' campaign showcases Schweppes Original Lemonade and Indian Tonic Water, alongside Diageo brands Pimm's and Gordon's gin.
The ads reference the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Wimbledon tennis tournament, using the strapline: "A spectacular summer without Pimm's, Gordon's and Schweppes there? It's just not British".
The digital part of the campaign features a tie-up with the Daily Telegraph, which houses a dedicated site, www.schweppesjubilee.com, that consumers can visit to enter themselves in a competition to become the UK’s "social monarchs".
Supporting activity will feature Schweppes' launch of new limited edition packaging, featuring images of the Union Jack flag and diamonds.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director, Coca-Cola GB, said: "As a distinctly British brand, we're thrilled to be gearing up for a summer of national celebrations, positioning Schweppes as the drink of choice for all summer social occasions.
"We know our consumers love to entertain and enjoy premium mixer drinks, so we're pleased to be continuing our partnership with Diageo, whilst offering consumers engaging content on our new Social Monarchs hub."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...