Eye appoints Sarah Parkes as UK general manager
Eye, the outdoor media owner, has appointed Sarah Parkes, formerly group managing director of Hearst-owned subscriptions firm CDS Global, as its UK general manager, replacing John Rankin.
Jeremy Corfield: global director commercial at Eye
In her new role, Parkes will have full responsibility for the Eye business in the UK, which holds the outdoor ad sales contract for seven airports, including Stansted, Gatwick, Manchester and Belfast.
Parkes joins Eye this week and will work alongside Rankin until he leaves the business in June to return to his native Australia.
Her direct reports will include Stephanie Sheth, Eye's marketing manager, business, and commercial director Nicole Gueretta, head of client management in Manchester Alan Gibbons and a to-be-appointed head of client management in London, as well as the heads of HR and finance.
Former national sales director Lee Cutter left Eye earlier this month.
Parkes was at CDS Global for 21 years until August 2011, and was most recently responsible for the UK and Australian operations of the company as group managing director from 2006, with a seat on the global executive board.
CDS Global offers data and subscription services to third-party publishers as well as Hearst-owned magazines, and during her time at the company, Parkes held senior roles in its sales, marketing and operations functions.
Since leaving CDS Global last year, she has run her own consultancy.
Jeremy Corfield, global director, commercial at Eye, said: "It's been a pleasure getting to know Sarah during the recruitment process.
"She brings with her not just a tremendous drive, commitment and commercial focus, but also a fantastic personal style, solid common sense and strong integrity, with a huge amount of valuable knowledge and experience."
Parkes said: "With an exciting new brand position built on the foundation of a strong product, Eye's media is the best in the business and creates the perfect environment for brands to interact with consumers.
"And the team has a dedication to providing excellent levels of customer satisfaction that matches my own. I can't wait."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...