SEAT looks to make 'virtue' of Spanish origins with new strategy
Spanish car-maker SEAT is revamping its marketing strategy in an effort to improve brand perception outside Spain.
SEAT: hired WPP agency Grey London
The Volkswagen-owned marque has hired WPP agencies Grey London and Possible Worldwide to its European account in an attempt to replicate the marketing success of sister brands VW, Audi and Skoda.
SEAT’s latest ‘Enjoyneering’ brand positioning promotes the benefits of its Spanish design and German engineering. Its main campaign of the year is pencilled-in for the fourth quarter, to back its latest Leon hatchback. It will also roll out a fresh online corporate identity in the coming months.
According to a source, VW has struggled to make a ‘virtue’ of the brand’s Spanish origins in key markets such as the UK, France and Germany, and is keen to create a more ‘consistent’ marketing approach in traditional and digital media.
SEAT’s marketing previously centred on ‘cheeky’ messages, including a 2009 campaign that encouraged parents to have a sex life, using lines such as: ‘Because dirty weekends should be more than watching the kids play football.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...