SEAT looks to make 'virtue' of Spanish origins with new strategy
Spanish car-maker SEAT is revamping its marketing strategy in an effort to improve brand perception outside Spain.
SEAT: hired WPP agency Grey London
The Volkswagen-owned marque has hired WPP agencies Grey London and Possible Worldwide to its European account in an attempt to replicate the marketing success of sister brands VW, Audi and Skoda.
SEAT’s latest ‘Enjoyneering’ brand positioning promotes the benefits of its Spanish design and German engineering. Its main campaign of the year is pencilled-in for the fourth quarter, to back its latest Leon hatchback. It will also roll out a fresh online corporate identity in the coming months.
According to a source, VW has struggled to make a ‘virtue’ of the brand’s Spanish origins in key markets such as the UK, France and Germany, and is keen to create a more ‘consistent’ marketing approach in traditional and digital media.
SEAT’s marketing previously centred on ‘cheeky’ messages, including a 2009 campaign that encouraged parents to have a sex life, using lines such as: ‘Because dirty weekends should be more than watching the kids play football.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London