SEAT looks to make 'virtue' of Spanish origins with new strategy
Spanish car-maker SEAT is revamping its marketing strategy in an effort to improve brand perception outside Spain.
SEAT: hired WPP agency Grey London
The Volkswagen-owned marque has hired WPP agencies Grey London and Possible Worldwide to its European account in an attempt to replicate the marketing success of sister brands VW, Audi and Skoda.
SEAT’s latest ‘Enjoyneering’ brand positioning promotes the benefits of its Spanish design and German engineering. Its main campaign of the year is pencilled-in for the fourth quarter, to back its latest Leon hatchback. It will also roll out a fresh online corporate identity in the coming months.
According to a source, VW has struggled to make a ‘virtue’ of the brand’s Spanish origins in key markets such as the UK, France and Germany, and is keen to create a more ‘consistent’ marketing approach in traditional and digital media.
SEAT’s marketing previously centred on ‘cheeky’ messages, including a 2009 campaign that encouraged parents to have a sex life, using lines such as: ‘Because dirty weekends should be more than watching the kids play football.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...