The scent of MacBook: artists create Apple fragrance
An artistic collaborative group has created the scent of Apple's MacBook Pro to recreate the aroma of an Apple product being opened for the first time.
Scent creators: image from the Air Aroma blog
Australia-based artists group Greatest Hits, comprising artists Gavin Bell, Jarrah de Kuijer and Simon McGlinn, created the scent in collaboration with fragrance company Air Aroma.
Greatest Hits claims a distinctive scent is created when unwrapping a new Apple product and claims Apple will recognise the smell.
The scent recreates the smell of the plastic wrap covering the box, printed ink on the cardboard, the smell of paper and plastic components inside the box and the smell of the aluminium laptop.
Professional perfume makers in France unboxed a new Apple MacBook Pro while making the fragrance in order to help them recreate the smell.
The fragrance will be on display at an exhibition in Melbourne from 20 April – 12 May.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...