VIDEO: 'Customers are looking for value and personal luxury', says Starbucks' Cranna
Ian Cranna, Starbuck's vice president of marketing and category, UK & I, talks about the biggest challenges facing the brand and what customers really want.
Ian Cranna, vice president marketing and category UK&I, Starbucks
In answer to Marketing's quick-fire questions, Cranna said: "The biggest challenges facing our brand I think are similar to the challenges that many brands and companies are facing today – customers are in difficult times.
"They're looking for value, but they're also looking for that little bit of personal luxury and for us as a brand you can come to Starbucks and get your cup of coffee and you can sit down and take a moment and customers I think are able to do that in a very very difficult world for them at this point in time."
Cranna said the best advice he had ever been given was "try to approach things differently". With this in mind, he tries to be innovative with the Starbucks brand and proactive with bringing about change.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...