VIDEO: 'Customers are looking for value and personal luxury', says Starbucks' Cranna
Ian Cranna, Starbuck's vice president of marketing and category, UK & I, talks about the biggest challenges facing the brand and what customers really want.
Ian Cranna, vice president marketing and category UK&I, Starbucks
In answer to Marketing's quick-fire questions, Cranna said: "The biggest challenges facing our brand I think are similar to the challenges that many brands and companies are facing today – customers are in difficult times.
"They're looking for value, but they're also looking for that little bit of personal luxury and for us as a brand you can come to Starbucks and get your cup of coffee and you can sit down and take a moment and customers I think are able to do that in a very very difficult world for them at this point in time."
Cranna said the best advice he had ever been given was "try to approach things differently". With this in mind, he tries to be innovative with the Starbucks brand and proactive with bringing about change.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...