Lucre handed branding and CRM brief by Portal
Lucre has been enlisted to make a name for business consultancy and IBM partner Portal.
Reseller: IBM partner Portal
The company, which is predominantly an IBM reseller and counts TNT and property services group Connaught among its clients, wants to build its brand in the tech sector and to offer new services.
The appointment was the first time in memory that Portal has sought PR help following a rebranding last year, explained marketing manager Catherine Nottage.
She said: ‘I joined the company last year and had less experience in PR than in general marketing, so I felt I needed the help of a professional agency.
‘We rebranded a few years ago from The Portal Partnership, modernising our logo and website. We are one of the top three IBM software group partners but aside from IBM and IBM customers we’re not that known, so we wanted to get our name out there.’
After seeing the best trading year in its history last year, Portal brought in IBM’s former head of information management for UK & Ireland David Beeston last month to grow its information management sales using IBM analytics software.
The PR strategy will focus on boosting trade media coverage to help boost brand awareness, while helping the company build its corporate reputation.
The account has been awarded on a rolling basis and is worth around £10,000 per quarter. It will be headed by Lucre’s Mark Jackson, group head of corporate.
Jackson said that, as well as a media relations campaign, Portal would be looking at community engagement programmes.
He added: ‘Portal has grown very quickly. It won two major awards last year, so we’re really looking forward to helping them reach these goals.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...