Five Coke vehicles to travel Olympic torch relay route
Coca-Cola has unveiled its "beat fleet", the five cars and buses, including a Mini from fellow sponsor BMW, which will accompany the Olympic flame around the UK.
Coca-Cola: rolls out the 'beat fleet'
The fleet will travel between 30-minutes and eight-hours ahead of the Olympic flame, handing out special edition commemorative Coke bottles and memorabilia.
Accompanying MCs and music, including Coke's own Olympic anthem 'Anywhere in the World', will entertain spectators. One vehicle, travelling 30-minutes behind the flame, will act as a mobile recycling unit.
Coca-Cola is a presenting partner of the Olympic torch relay alongside Samsung and Lloyds TSB. The relay begins at Land's End on 19 May.
Last June the soft drinks giant ran the 'Future Flames' campaign to spread the message that people could nominate figures from their local community to carry the Olympic Flame.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director, Coca-Cola GB, told Marketing that the large-scale experiential tour of the UK will add to the brand's "credibility".
Speaking about marketing to Coke's youth audience, she said: "Experiential is at the forefront of my mind. The torch relay will be a lifetime memory and will bring value and credibility to Coke’s activity."
Yesterday the soft-drinks giant reported a 10% leap in first quarter operating income from $2.28bn (£1.43bn) to $2.51bn (£1.58bn).
Coca-Cola said its 4% growth in global volume for sparkling beverages was partly due to innovative globally scaled marketing campaigns.
In February it launched 'Move to the Beat', its global Olympic campaign, featuring Mark Ronson.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...