Cornetto to sponsor Isle of MTV 2012
Unilever ice-cream brand Cornetto is to sponsor the annual Isle of MTV event as it returns to Malta with this year's headline acts Will.i.am, Nelly Furtado and Flo Rida.
Dave Sibley: managing director and executive vice-president of Be Viacom
The event will be the sixth on the Mediterranean island and MTV has again partnered with the Malta Tourism Authority to stage what the broadcaster calls, "one of Europe’s biggest free outdoor music events," on 26 May at Il-Fossos Square on the island.
The partnership is part of Cornetto's 'Summer of Music' campaign, which will include a competition to search for a new emerging DJ and producer, later this summer.
Now in its 10th year, previous Isle of MTV event locations have included Torre de Belém in Portugal (2002), Ile du Gaou, Six-Fours Les Plages in France (2003), Tossa De Mar on Spain's Costa Brava (2004) and Piazza dell Unita' d'Italiain Trieste, Italy (2005).
Dave Sibley, managing director and executive vice-president of Be Viacom, said: "Our Isle of MTV event in Malta has become a really solid franchise, and securing a European sponsor like Unilever's Cornetto brand is a great testament to Isle of MTV's appeal.
"We couldn't imagine a more relevant partner and we look forward to working together on air, online and on the ground, to entertain and delight music fans from across Europe.
The concert will be broadcast across 63 MTV channels and 153 territories globally as part of the MTV World Stage music series, from 1 August.
Last weekend, MTV held the MTV Presents Titanic Sounds event in association with the Northern Ireland Tourist Board at Belfast docks, to celebrate the Belfast Titanic exhibition that has just opened in the city.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Web Analytics CONTRACTOR - £200-£500 p/d - London - FS Harnham £60000 - £70000 per annum + CONTRACT ROLE, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...