Fabrice Muamba hires PHA Media to handle profile
Footballer Fabrice Muamba, who suffered cardiac arrest during a game last month, has hired PHA Media to handle his profile after a bedside pitch.
Fabrice Muamba with doctors: hired PHA Media (Pic: David Brookes)
PHA Media was one of three agencies in contact with the Bolton Wanderers' midfielder, who collapsed on the field during the FA cup quarter-final at Tottenham Hotspur on 17 March. He was rushed to hospital where he recovered and was discharged on Monday.
PHA Media founder Phil Hall said he and senior consultant Neil McLeod met and pitched to Muamba and his fiancée Shauna Magunda at his hospital bedside last Thursday. McLeod, who joined the agency last year from his former role as assistant news editor of the News of the World before the paper closed, has a longstanding relationship with Muamba’s agent.
The agency will handle Muamba's personal profile for at least the next three months. It will help his family deal with the widespread global media interest, which includes interview requests from Brazil, the US and the UK.
The first task was to manage his discharge from hospital. ‘We got him out of hospital quietly on Monday, because we didn’t want him to be under any additional pressure,’ said Hall. The agency took and released the picture above to media outlets.
The agency will also advise Muamba on his first media appearance – whether he gives an exclusive interview or holds a press conference. Hall said the agency wants to make sure he gets the peace and quiet he needs to fully recover, but added that, so far, 'the media have been very reasonable'.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Executive - EMEA Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Ely
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...