RAC kicks off £7 million pitch
The RAC is reviewing its £7 million advertising account.
RAC: Rapier has held the account for just nine months
The roadside breakdown service has been in touch with agencies directly, inviting them to pitch for the business.
Rapier, the incumbent, was appointed to the RAC’s ad business just nine months ago.
It is understood that the move is part of a wider review by the RAC owner, The Carlyle Group, across all of its business suppliers. The ad review is being run by the US private equity company’s procurement team.
The RAC moved its business into Rapier, which already handled the company’s digital and direct marketing account, without a pitch in July last year. The previous incumbent on the business was Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which had worked on the account for six years.
Last year, Aviva sold the RAC to The Carlyle Group for £1 billion as part of its strategy to focus on its insurance and savings business.
The RAC’s recent above-the-line work includes a series of sponsorship idents for Channel 4 Weather by AMV BBDO.
The idents featured close-up shots of people enjoying the weather before the camera panned out to reveal that they are in their car while it is being fixed by the RAC.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London