RAC kicks off £7 million pitch
The RAC is reviewing its £7 million advertising account.
RAC: Rapier has held the account for just nine months
The roadside breakdown service has been in touch with agencies directly, inviting them to pitch for the business.
Rapier, the incumbent, was appointed to the RAC’s ad business just nine months ago.
It is understood that the move is part of a wider review by the RAC owner, The Carlyle Group, across all of its business suppliers. The ad review is being run by the US private equity company’s procurement team.
The RAC moved its business into Rapier, which already handled the company’s digital and direct marketing account, without a pitch in July last year. The previous incumbent on the business was Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which had worked on the account for six years.
Last year, Aviva sold the RAC to The Carlyle Group for £1 billion as part of its strategy to focus on its insurance and savings business.
The RAC’s recent above-the-line work includes a series of sponsorship idents for Channel 4 Weather by AMV BBDO.
The idents featured close-up shots of people enjoying the weather before the camera panned out to reveal that they are in their car while it is being fixed by the RAC.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...