Agencies line up for telecoms giants' new venture
Three of the UK's biggest mobile operators, O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere, are looking for an agency to handle the advertising to support the launch of a mobile payment joint venture.
Vodafone: part of Project Oscar
The mobile companies plan to launch a mobile wallet, which allows users to pay for items with a swipe of their mobile phones, later this year, pending approval from the European Commission.
Representatives from the new venture, codenamed Project Oscar, have already had initial meetings with agencies interested in pitching for the business, as part of a process being run by AAR.
The telecoms groups plan to create the platform and an advertising sales house that could reach every subscriber on their networks. It would be the first of its kind in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Role, FMCG brand, ATL, Integrated & Digital - award winning agency MODA consult £35k - £37k plus excellent benefits, Central London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London