Agencies line up for telecoms giants' new venture
Three of the UK's biggest mobile operators, O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere, are looking for an agency to handle the advertising to support the launch of a mobile payment joint venture.
Vodafone: part of Project Oscar
The mobile companies plan to launch a mobile wallet, which allows users to pay for items with a swipe of their mobile phones, later this year, pending approval from the European Commission.
Representatives from the new venture, codenamed Project Oscar, have already had initial meetings with agencies interested in pitching for the business, as part of a process being run by AAR.
The telecoms groups plan to create the platform and an advertising sales house that could reach every subscriber on their networks. It would be the first of its kind in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London