Samsung widens football sponsorship to Leyton Orient
Samsung Electronics is to sponsor Leyton Orient Football Club for the 2012/13 football season, adding to existing deals with Chelsea and Swindon Town.
Leyton Orient: chairman Barry Hearn second from left and new sponsored club shirts
As official club sponsor, the Samsung logo will appear on the front of the League One club's home shirt and on the reverse of the away shirt.
However, the east London team has also brought in two other brands to appear on its kit, replacing this season's sponsor PartyGaming (which highlights its PartyPoker.com and PartyCasino.com brands).
Computer games publisher EA Sports will feature on the back of the home shirt and the front of the away shirt.
Online football store Pro-Direct Soccer will feature on the shorts of both kits.
The partnership is Samsung's third shirt sponsorship deal, alongside the commercial packages in place with Premier League Chelsea FC and League Two side Swindon Town FC.
Andy Griffiths, managing director of Samsung UK and Ireland, said: "We are delighted to add Leyton Orient to our football sponsorships in the UK.
"Samsung is committed to supporting football at every level in this country. We believe that the game can only flourish if the grassroots are properly nurtured."
Barry Hearn, chairman of Leyton Orient, said: "We are thrilled to welcome Samsung Electronics as our club sponsors for the 2012/13 season.
"We're really looking forward to working with them during what we are confident will be a successful season for the club."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...