HSBC promotes Philip Mehl to pan-Euro role
HSBC has promoted marketer Philip Mehl to a pan-European role, as part of a shift in the marketing structure at the bank.
Philip Mehl: promoted to new HSBC role
Mehl, previously UK marketing director, last month took up the new role of head of marketing, retail banking and wealth management Europe at HSBC.
He will lead marketing communications across HSBC's European markets, which include the UK, France, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Armenia and Kazakhstan.
Mehl, a former Unilever, Mars and T-Mobile marketer, was promoted to the top HSBC UK marketing position in 2009, overseeing its HSBC, M&S Money and First Direct retail banking brands.
Last year, HSBC appointed former Marks & Spencer marketer Sarah Threadgould as its head of UK marketing, reporting to Mehl. It is understood that Mehl will continue to report to Chris Clark, group head of marketing.
The appointment comes as HSBC moves to shift its marketing strategy away from its long-held positioning as the 'World's Local Bank'.
In May 2011, chief executive Stuart Gulliver announced plans to drop the line and use its advertising to explore "the future forces that will shape our world and commerce".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...