Publicis Groupe chalks up 8.6% UK revenue growth
Publicis Groupe has reported 8.6% growth in UK revenues for the first quarter as digital's share of its overall €1.45bn (£1.19bn) revenues overtook advertising's share.
Publicis chief executive Maurice Lévy
The French group, headed by chairman and chief executive Maurice Lévy, has boosted its top line with a series of acquisitions over the past year, including UK direct agency Kitcatt Nohr.
Overall revenues were up 12.9% year on year but organic revenue growth – excluding acquisitions, disposals and currency fluctuations – was lower, at 4.1%.
Lévy said he believed the second half of the year would see "stronger and steadier growth" than the first half.
For the first time digital services accounted for a greater share of the group’s revenue than advertising (33% to 31%).
Digital grew by 15.6% on an organic basis and there was double-digit organic growth in the BRIC markets and what Publicis referred to as MISSAT (Mexico, Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa and Turkey).
Lévy said: "This is further evidence that the Groupe has made the right strategic investment decisions. We will continue to give pride of place to digital activities and high-growth markets."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Search Manager - fashion retail PFJ £33000 - £37500 per annum + excellent benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...