ITV boost brands with Shazam deal
ITV has signed an exclusive deal with the audio-recognition service Shazam to become the only UK broadcaster to offer advertisers its functionality in TV spots.
The partnership means that, for the first time in the UK, viewers will be able to access additional information and content related to ads via a Shazam app.
When viewers see the Shazam logo on TV spots, they will be able to use the app on their mobile phone or tablet to find out more information about brands and products or download videos and music.
In the US, a third of the ads shown during this year’s Super Bowl supported Shazam’s services.
Simon Daglish, the group commercial sales director at ITV, said: "Shazam’s audio-recognition technology is transforming the way consumers interact with content including advertising."
It is understood that the partnership will run until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Planner Source £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & ongoing training, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...