ITV boost brands with Shazam deal
ITV has signed an exclusive deal with the audio-recognition service Shazam to become the only UK broadcaster to offer advertisers its functionality in TV spots.
The partnership means that, for the first time in the UK, viewers will be able to access additional information and content related to ads via a Shazam app.
When viewers see the Shazam logo on TV spots, they will be able to use the app on their mobile phone or tablet to find out more information about brands and products or download videos and music.
In the US, a third of the ads shown during this year’s Super Bowl supported Shazam’s services.
Simon Daglish, the group commercial sales director at ITV, said: "Shazam’s audio-recognition technology is transforming the way consumers interact with content including advertising."
It is understood that the partnership will run until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London