Blue Square hires Arnold KLP for £4m advertising account
Blue Square, the Rank Interactive-owned online betting brand, has appointed Arnold KLP to its £4 million account ahead of a busy summer of UK sport, which is expected to drive increased levels of sports betting.
Blue Square: hired Arnold KLP
Arnold KLP, which won the business after a pitch, is the 13-year-old brand's first retained ad agency. It will work on a major campaign to support Blue Square's online betting services, with a specific focus on racing and football.
The appointment of Arnold KLP is part of a long-term strategic plan for the brand and follows a wider review by Rank Interactive, which led to the hiring of Aegis Media's Carat as the group's media planning and buying agency.
Phil Gates, the marketing director at Rank Interactive, said Blue Square will use a multichannel approach to support the brand around Uefa Euro 2012, the Glorious Goodwood horse meeting and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Robert May, the brand director at Blue Square, said: "This investment signals a new beginning for us. The sector has come a long way in the last 13 years, and we are determined to play a major role in the future of sports betting and gaming.
"We have some valuable assets in both racing and football, and we are looking forward to working with our new agencies to maximise these along with a number of new product launches in 2012."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...