News groups unite to drive up revenue
The regional news groups Northcliffe Media and Trinity Mirror Regionals are to offer advertisers a new national sales package of titles in a bid to drive up ad revenues in a difficult market.
Auckland: will lead the initiative alongside Georgina Harvey and Gary McNish
Steve Auckland, recently promoted from the managing director to the chief executive of Northcliffe, will lead the initiative alongside Georgina Harvey, the managing director of Trinity Mirror Regionals, and Gary McNish, the managing director of the sales house AMRA, which represents titles from both groups.
Ad revenues in the regional press market remain under pressure. Revenues at Northcliffe fell 10 per cent in the six months to 31 March, according to a statement from its owner, Daily Mail & General Trust, this week.
The package is likely to include a selection of Northcliffe and Trinity Mirror titles across the UK, including the Manchester Evening News and the Bristol Evening Post.
AMRA is looking to recruit a new team to sell the package.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London