Burger King reappoints Open for direct marketing
Burger King has retained Open, DLKW Lowe's specialist direct and in-store agency, to handle its direct marketing account.
Burger King: has retained Open
Open has been retained after the fast-food chain held a pitch for its business last month, having called a review in January.
The review followed the appointment of Burger King's marketing director, Jo Blundell, who joined the company in May last year from the 118 118 owner, The Number.
Blundell arrived at Burger King during an advertising review that culminated in its decision to part with its global ad agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, and appoint McGarryBowen to its US account and CHI & Partners to the UK business.
Last month, Burger King introduced its Lamb Flatbread, its first lamb recipe. The ad, created by CHI & Partners, focused on a "Hungry Like A Wolf" creative idea that shows a couple sitting on an awkward first date, before the man turns into a werewolf after wolfing down his Lamb Flatbread.
Anthony Hopper, the chief executive of Open, said: "It’s never easy going into a pitch as the incumbent, but we knew we had the right team and the right approach to take the work to the next level."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...