Burger King reappoints Open for direct marketing
Burger King has retained Open, DLKW Lowe's specialist direct and in-store agency, to handle its direct marketing account.
Burger King: has retained Open
Open has been retained after the fast-food chain held a pitch for its business last month, having called a review in January.
The review followed the appointment of Burger King's marketing director, Jo Blundell, who joined the company in May last year from the 118 118 owner, The Number.
Blundell arrived at Burger King during an advertising review that culminated in its decision to part with its global ad agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, and appoint McGarryBowen to its US account and CHI & Partners to the UK business.
Last month, Burger King introduced its Lamb Flatbread, its first lamb recipe. The ad, created by CHI & Partners, focused on a "Hungry Like A Wolf" creative idea that shows a couple sitting on an awkward first date, before the man turns into a werewolf after wolfing down his Lamb Flatbread.
Anthony Hopper, the chief executive of Open, said: "It’s never easy going into a pitch as the incumbent, but we knew we had the right team and the right approach to take the work to the next level."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London