WPP buys $7m stake in Mysupermarket.com
WPP Digital has invested $7m (£4.3m) in a minority stake in Dolphin Software, owner of Mysupermarket.com, as part of the group's ongoing investment in digitally-led operations.
The acquisition of Mysupermarket.com comes as WPP pursues a target of 35% to 40% of revenue to be derived from its digital assets – which include Wunderman, OgilvyOne and VML – within the next five years.
The stake is believed to form the lion's share of a $10m (£6.2m) round of funding for Dolphin Software, which also includes participation from existing investors Greylock and Pitango.
Mysupermarket.com employs 70 people and has offices in New York, London, Tel Aviv and Tokyo, with principal operations in New York.
Founded in 2006, the company operates a shopping site that allows customers to compare shopping baskets and buy from the major UK online grocery, and health and beauty retailers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London