RSA Insurance brings in MHP Communications for PA brief
RSA Insurance Group has appointed MHP Communications to handle its combined EU and UK public affairs account.
Euro laws: The RSA wants advice on laws made in Brussels
MHP has been taken on by the insurance group formerly known as Royal & Sun Alliance following a competitive pitch process revealed in PRWeek.
MHP will handle EU and UK public affairs, previously handled by Kreab Gavin Anderson and Lexington Communications respectively. The brief is thought to be worth £15,000 per month.
A spokesman for RSA Insurance said: ‘We want it to be a one-stop shop. We needed an agency that could work across London and Brussels, and MHP can do that.’
The agency has been appointed for an initial two year period, with the potential for that to be extended.
At the time that the pitch was launched, RSA’s group external comms director Louise Shield explained that the company was facing increasing ‘synergies’ between law makers at home and abroad.
‘We want to have an agency that can co-ordinate both European and UK legislation,’ she said.
The agency will be reporting to group head of public affairs Pauliina Murphy, who joined RSA midway through last year alongside public affairs manager Tori Henderson.
The brief is purely for public affairs and requires MHP to monitor the regulatory agenda, manage legislative and policy change, and identify opportunities for engagement.
The news comes as RSA’s chief executive Simon Lee revealed that the group is seeking smallish acquisitions to drive growth outside its home market in Britain.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London