Save the Children's Joe Barrell launches charity agency
Save the Children's former director of comms Joe Barrell is launching an agency targeting the not-for-profit sector, but admits 'it's a risk'.
Joe Barrell: 'There's a need for an agency that knows the non-profit sector from the inside’
The Eden Stanley Group is also being led by Victoria Rae, former director of comms at UNICEF UK.
Barrell told PRWeek: ‘When I was in-house, I saw a gap between agencies that can offer strategy and those that can actually carry out a campaign.’
He believes there is a need for an agency that ‘knows the non-profit sector from the inside’ even as charities face cuts to funding: ‘It’s a risk but the current economic climate is here to stay and charities need more than ever to align their comms, fundraising and campaigns.’
Barrell has found that the tough economic times have led charities to readdress how they are handling their comms and when ‘tried and tested fundraising techniques are showing a diminishing return’.
He said: ‘Charities are looking for new ways to get more value from their communication and fundraising. This goes beyond joining up channels – it’s about getting fundraising, comms and campaigns to pull in the same direction, focusing on audiences and breaking down historic silos that act as a brake on progress.’
The agency launches with health charity Merlin and with six full time staff based it its Farringdon office.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...