Just Health to drive consultation on modern HIV provision
Just Health PR has been appointed by ViiV Healthcare to handle a consultation on the changing landscape of modern HIV treatment.
ViiV: dedicated entirely to treatment for HIV
ViiV, which was established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009 and is dedicated entirely to treatment for HIV, wants to consult policymakers, charities, patients and clinicians on the case for HIV treatment reform.
The private company says the consultation is needed because of issues such as an ageing patient population and rising treatment costs.
The UK has the fastest growing HIV epidemic in Europe, partly due to the increase in life expectancy of HIV patients because of improved treatments.
ViiV launched the 'HIV Dialogues: Managing Change' initiative on Wednesday at the 18th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association in Birmingham.
Senior consultant Laura Chambers and new head of political relations Jon Spiers will lead the account.
Spiers said: 'Given the financial pressures on the NHS and the ongoing debate around health service reforms, there couldn’t be a better time to think about how to deliver the best possible HIV services.'
Meanwhile, Just Health has also launched a new pro-bono offering, the Just:: Academy, offering free training on lobbying, campaigning and PR for health charities in 2012.
The first Just:: Academy training session, An Introduction to Policy Influencing, takes place on 1 June, led by Jon Spiers, head of political relations.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...