MEC appoints Jonathan Edwards to data and tech role
MEC has appointed Jonathan Edwards to the newly created role of data and technology services director.
Jonathan Edwards: appointed data and technology services director at MEC
Edwards, formerly a consultant at Deloitte and senior commercial and analysis controller at BSkyB, has been brought in to focus on accelerating the GroupM agency's competencies in data.
He will report to David Fletcher, head of analytics and insight, and will be joining a 27-strong analytics and insight team that will be covering analytics, technology, social insights and research.
In addition to this move, Richard Lloyd, formerly head of digital insights and analytics at MEC, has been promoted to take on a predominantly global remit.
David Fletcher, head of analytics and insight at MEC, said: "We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to our ever-expanding analytics and insight team. His business intelligence and consulting competence will be invaluable in a team that is increasingly seen by clients as a valued business partner.
"We needed somebody with experience in dealing with event-level data – somebody who can understand millions of records, not just small sample sets, and Jonathan's experience will enable us to further integrate this data into our clients' marketing strategies."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...